How to Backup Patterson Eaglesoft Dental Software
We reccomend performing a daily backup of the Eaglesoft database. Start the backup after business hours to ensure all patient data is included in the daily backup.
We suggest that in addition to the Eaglesoft data folder, you backup all of the files on your server with our File / Folder Protected Item. You can also perform a Disk Image backup in the event that you require a bare metal disaster recovery solution. At a minimum it is critical that you back up your Eaglesoft database files from the default location of C:\Eaglesoft\Data\.
The default Data folder paths are:
- C:\Eaglesoft\Data\Customdraw types
Step 1. Make sure that everyone in the office is logged out of the application to ensure the backup process has exclusive access.
Step 2. Schedule the Patterson server engine to stop before the backup is scheduled to start.
- Use windows Task Scheduler to Start and Stop the Server Engine - See this article for detailed instructions: https://pattersonsupport.custhelp.com/euf/assets/Answers/4868/DB_Automated_Stop_Start_07.26.17.pdf?nointercept/1
- Open the eazybackup desktop application
- Click Add Protected Item
- Choose Proted Item type File / Folder Backup
- Click the Custom tab
- From the Custom file selection tab, choose the data location (default is C:\Eaglesoft\Data\)
- Click Next in the Protected Item wizard until you reach the Schedule option. Create a new daily backup schedule for this Protected Item.
- Use windows Task Schedulerto start the Patterson Server Engine after the daily backup is complete.
IMPORTANT - You must schedule the shutdown of the Patterson Server Engine before eazyBackup can start, or important files may be missed in your backup.
After you have completed a successfull backup, perform a restore of the server database. It's important to go through the process of resroting data to familiarize yourself with the process.