- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 27 ) Collapse Articles
Securing your backup against Ransomware
To better protect your backups against unauthorized access and types of Malware such as Ransomware, we recommend locking the application when not in use.
Confirm that your backup account password is memorized or stored safely before locking the application.
- Open the eazyBackup application, select "Settings" at the bottom left side menu,
- Select the "Account" button
- On the Account tab, click the "Lock..." button to the right of the Username field.
- If you confirm, the application will immediately lock and close. Your password is required to open the application again.
- Each time you login to the application, you must lock it again following the steps above.
- Locking the application will not interfere with scheduled backup jobs.
As an additional layer of security, it is possible to enable Two Factor Authentication for access to the application. Please see this article for steps to enable 2FA for your backup account.